As we move towards reopening the country, we can start to look at reopening our hearts to potential love. For those of us out there hoping for a relationship, now is a great time to do some self-evaluation. Take this time at home as an opportunity to check in with yourself, look at your goals, wants, and needs, and decide how you want to move forward with your love life. In the spirit of self-evaluation, we have put together a checklist for you to go through to help you understand yourself better. Enjoy!
Personal Health and Well being
The first step to a healthy relationship is a healthy you, take a look at the questions below and contemplate your answers. Are you happy with those answers? If not maybe look at getting some new goals for personal growth and developing positive habits.
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Do you attend to your personal hygiene?
- Do you regularly engage in physical activity/exercise?
- Can you set aside time for activities you enjoy?
Relationships with Other People
The next thing you should evaluate is how you interact with other people and how healthy your relationships are. The next set of questions should help you evaluate your interpersonal relationships and find what areas need improvement.
- Have you set boundaries in relationships and are you able to enforce them?
- Are you able to ask for help when you need it?
- Do you schedule time for friends and family?
- When needed, do you support friends and family in need?
The last thing to take a look at is the environment you cultivate around yourself. An organized and happy space can go a long way toward personal enrichment. Below is the last set of questions, answer them and see if there are any small changes you might want to make.
- Is your space organized and clutter-free?
- Are you spending enough time in nature and/or do you keep and maintain any plants?
- Do you make time to clean things that need it?
- Have you left room for new experiences in your life?